Saturday, March 8, 2014

JUGS #231


Just Us Girls has a technique challenge this week. You are to create a weathered
wood background. This is a new technique to me but I thought I would give
it a try.  








The inner circle with the flowers is a free digital stamp I found at birdscards.com.  I
printed the image twice, colored with spectrum noir markers, fussy cut the flowers
from the second print, foam taped it on top of the full image and then stamped the
sentiment. Next I die cut the light pink circle and the dark pink scalloped circle. The
weathered wood background was pretty easy to create with a scoring board and a gray
ink pad.  I free handed the banners and put it all together. It all came together fairly
quickly which is a little unusual for me.  Thanks for taking a look!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the weathered wood look! I love the gray against those pretty pinks......very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Judy with Just Us Girls Technique this week! Love grey and pink combo! Beautiful card! Thanks as always for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful CAS card! Bravo! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Judy, The light wood grain look makes a great background to your banners and circle of flowers!

    ReplyDelete