Sunday, March 16, 2014

Christmas Star

There's a theme challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this week.  The card you make should showcase stars.  So here's what I came up with.




The hardest part for me was decided what colors to use.  I started digging through scraps I
had and settled on this, sort of, blue green scheme. I used an old Sizzix originals die for
the star and dry embossed it with a cuttlebug folder.  I thought the star could use some
color so I swiped an ink pad on it.  I stamped the greeting and cut into a banner.  Then I
decided something else was needed so I started adding bling. At first I just added the blue
gems but then remembered I had these crystal swirls and cut them apart and added them
where I thought they looked best.  I think it helps "showcase" the star, right? So there you
have it. Another Christmas card done and about 58 more to go! Thanks for taking a look!

8 comments:

  1. Personally, I love sparkly creations for Christmas! And this one ticks all the boxed for me, Judy. Thanks for joining the March Theme challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE the beautiful shine and shimmer and I adore all the bling! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and have a great week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful starry card, fab rhinestones too- thanks for joining in with us us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much to love about this card - the ombre background, the inked embossing, and the blingy flourishes! :) I'm so glad you played along with us at 52{C}CT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous! I love the colours, the embossed star, the gems - it's so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, this is wonderful, what a fabulous design and layout! I love your coloured strips and the sparkly swirl is perfect to highlight the star! Gorgeous card! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a star of a card! Love the bling flourishes, they really accentuate the star beautifully, can't have too much bling on a Christmas card IMO. Thanks for joining us on 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my good golly...I'm in LOVE with this card! LOVE the bling flourishes behind the star and the panels. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this past week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete