Sunday, October 20, 2013

52 CCT / FMS

Thought I would get one more post in today.  The theme challenge for October at
52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is to "bling it up!" I do love to use bling!  So I thought
I would use the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my bling creation.




Here's what I ended up with.



I wanted to use white and silver.  So I started with a DCWV silver shimmer  card stock and 
some plain white card stock, which I wanted to emboss with a new embossing folder I
 bought yesterday.  After playing around with just those solid pieces for a while I decided I
needed a print.  But I didn't have any silver and white printed paper so I used a dot
background stamp and created my own.  I die cut the snowflake with the Spellbinders
Create -A- Flake Four and the banners with the Sizzix Banners 2 set.  I added a
makingmemories deco metal sticker to the center of the snowflake and finished with some
 clear crystals.  I think it turned out rather well.  Thanks for taking a look!

7 comments:

  1. Great card, a beautiful lay out and lovely colours - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so elegant Judy, I love the snowflake and the silver and white combo is perfect to use with a snowflake! Very classily blinged! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at 52 {C}CT, hope we see you again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the die cuts and all the rhinestones! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! Love the cool elegance of this card - perfectly cool and frosty for Christmas. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning creation - Love your blinged snowflake and the embossed panel. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, this may be my favorite thing you've shared with us at 52{C}CT! :) I love the clean, elegant look of the white and silver and all the layers. Thanks for participating in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, so much bling! Love the crisp, snowy feel.Perfect for the challenge at 52 CCT this week, thanks for playing

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete